California Lawyers for the Arts
Arts Arbitration and Mediation Services presents
Basic Mediation Skills Training
22 hours of MCLE Credit Available
March 26-28, 2015
Want to join the AAMS mediator panel?
Need a mediation skills refresher?
Join AAMS for our 25-hour Basic Mediation Skills Training and learn the art of mediation and conflict resolution!
Whether you are involved in human resources, education, legal services or arts administration, wish to develop your interpersonal skills, help your community or are starting out on a new career path, you will find the Basic Mediation Skills Training
Topics covered in our training include:
- Communication and listening skills,
- Problem identification and disagreement management skills, Techniques for breaking impasse,
- How to de-escalate tense interpersonal situations.
Trainers and speakers:
- AAMS mediator Terri Lubaroff, CLA Executive Director Alma Robinson and AAMS staff Bonnie Kneitel and Christina Duran
- Darren Held and Viet Hoang of Held2gether Improv for life, will lead a special improv comedy workshop
This training, along with observation of a 3-hour mediation with AAMS or another DRPA provider, meets the classroom and practical portion minimum required to provide services at a DRPA funded program.
Thursday March 26 and Friday March 27, 2015
8:30am- 5:30pm and Saturday 8:30am- 5:00pm
$300 - 10% discount if you register by March 15, 2015
Additional $150 for 22 hours of MCLE credit (1 hour of Ethics)
[Limited Scholarships Available]
These workshops are made possible, in part, by the Los Angeles County Dispute Resolution Program Act; Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors through the Los Angeles County Arts Commission; and The City of Los Angeles, Department of Cultural Affairs. Additional support provided by the California Arts Council.