If not already logged-in, CLA Members should log-in here to see the Member-Only Discount Coupon tab.
This webinar will explain the basics of the registration process so that when completed, the attendee would be able to:
• Understand copyright, copyright ownership, and copyright registration
• Determine when and what to register
• Use the electronic application system (eCO)
• Register a group of songs with one application
• Register a song and a sound recording with one application
• Sort out song authorship
• Sort out song ownership
• Determine if it is necessary to form a music publishing company
• Determine what should be excluded from the claims on an application
Presenter: Rich Stim, Esq.
Rich Stim specializes in small business, copyright, patents, and trademark issues at Nolo. He practices law in the Bay Area and has represented photographers, software developers, crafts people, publishers, musicians, and toy designers. He is the author of many books, including Whoops I'm in Business, Music Law, and Profit From Your Idea. Stim produces audiobooks, and performs and records with two bands, MX-80 and angel corpus christi. Rich also writes two blogs for Nolo, What Price Justice, and Nolo™'s Patent, Copyright & Trademark Blog and provides information about trade secrets and nondisclosure agreements at NDAs For Free. He lives in San Francisco and has been without cable TV since 2006.
Send your QUESTIONS IN ADVANCE for the Q&A session to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Include "Music Copyright Webinar" in the subject line of your email message)